RCModeler October 1963 Upload a Publication
  1. RCModeler October 1963


RCModeler October 1963

Please use the following buttons to download this magazine issue or the plans contained.


Check your Downloads or Transfers folder after clicking the download button.

Full Size plans in this issue:
If the button it's active the plan is available on AeroFred.com free plans website.

Stagger Bi pl-133 Exodus pl-315 No Linked Plan

User Comments:

There are no comments for this publication

RCModeler October 1963

This Issue magazine is a Pdf Vector processing file by me.


Publication Title:RCModeler
Issue Number:1
Publisher:RCModeler Corp.
Issue:October 1963
Publishing Date:01-10-1963
Scanned By:Ser001
Restored By:Hlsat
Vectorized By:Hlsat
Keywords:RCModeler, RCM, Magazine
Rating:0.00 (0Vote(s))
File size:4.1 MB
File Type:PDF-Vector
File Quality:Scan-High
Added by:hlsat
File:RCModeler October 1963
Link to URL:https://rcbookcase.com/details.php?publication_id=10
Stagger-Bi by Phil Krafts Multi-Ripe
Exodus by Barry Halsteads SimpleSingle

1963 Nationals
Complete RC Coverage
Build Em Right
Want more air time Here is How.
RX for Escapements
Improving Performance & Reliability
RCM Interview Hal deBolt

Editors Memo
Bench Bits
Showcase 1963
RCM Tech Data
EDITORS MEMO by Don Dewey.

At The Edge Of The Field.

I can remember some twenty years back being ten years old and scared. Standing at the edge of the flying field I felt a mixture of excitement at seeing the many gull winged free flight ships seeking thermals in the warm morning air and a feeling of embarrassment at the crude results of my own first attempts at model building.
I had only been there a short time when a man unnamed but never forgotten came over to the edge of that field and helped me strap on the wing and stab. A few minutes later my first model was in the air and actually flying That man who spent most of the afternoon helping a young boy solo created an image of a modeler that has never been forgotten or destroyed.
This same image has been everywhere apparent since the very beginning of RC Modeler. When we began work on the magazine we were told that we had a 92% chance of failure before we even got off the ground.
And so did that first model twenty years back if it hadnt been for the help of another modeler. When you stop to think about it if you have a 92% chance of failure then conversely you have an 8% chance of success We hadnt been at work too long before we found the formula to success when you take that 8% and then multiply it by the number of modelers that offered their help in a multitude of ways that came over to the edge of the field then we couldnt possibly fail.
So we made it to the flight line. The credit goes to each and every one of you for your ideas and suggestions in your letters for the handshakes and the words of encouragement from those we were fortunate enough to meet personally at the Nationals. And too. to the many members of the hobby industry for their time and efforts in helping a new venture get started. Youll find their names in the advertisements in this issue men who are part of this image buying space in a magazine they had never seen written by people of whom they had never heard
Its called coming over to the edge of the field we have begun with a challenge to bring the finest material together between two covers of a magazine in order to provide you the radio control modeler with a panorama of the RC world in a fashion unmatched by any other magazine or medium. It is your magazine it will be what you want it to become. This is our promissory note to you our editorial policy.
The true riches of any mans life is in the friendships he is privileged to enjoy the measure of his success lies in the challenge to be of service to others. In these respects we consider ourselves among the most fortunate.

Tell us what you think about this issue...

Please login to leave a comment.
Send Us Magazines!

Related publications.

RCModeler January 1972
RCModeler May 1969
RCModeler April 1968

Terms of Use

RCBookcase, 2016.

All content is free to download for personal use.

For non-personal use and/or publication: magazines, data and texts may be used, provided that credit is given to RCBookcase in the form of a direct hyperlink to the RCBookcase source page.

Please link to this URL


The copyright of the listings and webpages belongs to RCBookcase.com Regarding the the magazine issues made available here we believe they are all under public domain but if you own the copyrights to any of these issues please let us know so we can take action.

Important Notes

Submitting Content

If you have old magazines and would like to contribute to this preservation effort, please contact us so we can arrange the shipment of your vintage publications. We will scan and clean the magazines and upload to the site so everybody can benefit.


Send Magazines

We will scan, restore and upload your old magazines.

Send us old magazines


Keeping a website running and with fresh content takes many hours and some money, if you would like to contribute to this effort please use the button below to donate any amount you find to be fair.